Title: 

Murray Valley Bushwalkers – Minutes of Committee Meeting #31

Issue date:

10 August 2018

Venue:

1/19 Thorneycroft Ave Wodonga

Event date:

24 July 2018

Start: 7.00pm

Finish: 8.15pm

Chair: President

Peter Presutti

 

Facilitator: Secretary

Dianne Ross

 

Contact Phone: 0417441137

 

Contact phone:

0412 899 697

Attendees:

Peter Presutti, Dianne Ross, Ro Smith, Gayle Angel, Mark and Kathleen Withers, Michelle Croft, Cheryl McCarten and Ian Angel

Apologies:

Jan Douglas, Tony Marsh (Guests)

Next meeting

AGM August 19 2018

Minutes of Previous Meeting Held May 29 2018 

 

Agenda item : 1 – Treasurer Report

 

Financial Reports

Due Date:

Responsibility: Gayle Angel

balance sheet

profit and loss

Agenda item : 2 – Club Canoeing Policy

 

Action Item:

Due Date:

Responsibility: Cheryl mccarten

Canoeing Policy Reviewed and accepted - report details?

Agenda item : 3 – Implementation of osko system for direct deposits to our hume account

Action Item:

Due Date:

Responsibility: Peter Presutti

BSB Info for all EFT transfers to the club has changed - go to this page on the website for bsb details

https://murrayvalleybushwalkers.org.au/index.php/joinmvb/offline-payment-notification

Now thankfully there is no need to specify a different bsb for hume bank internal transfers - the new BSB applies to all internal and external EFT payments

Agenda item : 4 – Snow Shoes

Jan has purchased a new set of snow shoes - cost $295 to be added to assets spreadsheet on google drive

Agenda item : 5 –  Correspondence (Secretary)

Action Item:

Due Date:

Responsibility: Di Ross

Bushwalking NSW Invoice for insurance  for $1595 Received and paid - see financial reports 

 

 

Agenda items 6 -  Misc – Di Ross

1.        MVB to provide food/platter at AGM Meeting, 4 meetings per year – you can order fruit platter/sandwiches etc through supermarket to pick up (approved by Committee members)

2.       A Leader that has held and finalised on 10 or more events in the financial year should be awarded a $50 voucher from Ginos ( approved by Committee members). VOUCHERS TO BE HANDED OUT AT AGM, PETE TO ORGANISE VOUCHERS

3.       Purchase of High Vis vests with MVB logo on the back (Bogong Event Report for follow up) Pete to follow up

4.       Purchase of an MVB Banner (Bogong Event Report for follow up) pete to follow up

Agenda 7 – Website Report - Tony Marsh

The website remains stable and delivering the event and membership systems well. An update to version 4 of joomla is looming (currently on 3.8.10)

Pete and I are always looking for people to assist in some way with website management – a task that could be performed after training is the front page slide show update

Jan is handling membership management – this always throws up a doozie from time to time that requires intervention

Updates to website software components is ongoing and time consuming – have learnt the hard way that creating a snapshot (backup) prior to installing updates is essential but this takes time of course

If anyone is interested in learning any aspect of the website please point them in my direction as I desperately need support

Trial of New Facebook mvb page – this was created to give people who requested to be able to post to the MVB Group with a generic identity ie when tony, di, mark or peter (more can have this option) post to the mvb group they can choose to post with their own name appearing or as murrayvalleybushwalkers appearing

This provides anonymity if required – esp useful for posting an event to the group site that the person posting is not the leader of the event

An alternative option is to create a new facebook account (user) called for example MVB with a new username and login – this user would be added to the group and people wanting the MVB user to appear as the poster would need to log out as their real facebook identity and login as MVB

Dianne and mark have requested the mvb facebook page be shut due, its causing too much confusion

Membership Report - Jan

There are currently 168 financial members

 

SINGLE MEMBERSHIP

78

FAMILY OF 2 MEMBERSHIP

31

FAMILY OF 2 MEMBER

31

FAMILY OF 3 MEMBERSHIP

4

FAMILY OF 3 MEMBER

8

FAMILY OF 4 MEMBERSHIP

4

FAMILY OF 4 MEMBER

12

TOTAL financial MEMBERS

168

 

 

Registered But Not Financial

Free Guest

4

Paid Guest

23

ADDITIONAL NOTE 

Big thanks to Michelle for hosting meetings !!!

The meeting closed at 8-15pm

­